What does Import Button does?

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

What does Import Button does?

Postby altomarketing » 10th April 2013, 8:20 pm

id like to know if this module keeps dns records in whmcs database or (dnscluster or registrar database like synching)

and other related question, in http://www.modulesgarden.com/images/dns_manager/dns7.png what does Import button ?

Is there any wiki about this module ?

Thanks
altomarketing

Re: What does Import Button does?

Postby Piotr » 11th April 2013, 9:51 am

Hi!

DNS Manager For WHMCS doesn't keep dns records on WHMCS nor database.
Records are stored on your server (e.g. cPanel - WHM, DirectAdmin etc.) and are retrieved from the server via API.

Import Tool and so Import Zones button allows you to import your currently existing zones and manage them with DNS Manager in your WHMCS.

Yes, we have a Wiki for each of our products. Here you can find more information about Import Tool: http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/DNS_Manager_For_WHMCS#Management_of_Import_Tool
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby altomarketing » 14th April 2013, 12:22 am

1- So I have several servers (cpanel) with dnsonly cluster,
and i could add lets say other servers like ispconfig, webmin or other servers that are not supported by cpanel cluster, but with this module will deploy every time a new product is activated all dns zones i confgured to dsnonly, right?

2- What about domains not hosted with us that are handled by resellerclub dns manager ?
how should i handle them to avoid confusing..
altomarketing

Postby Konrad » 16th April 2013, 4:06 pm

altomarketing wrote:1- So I have several servers (cpanel) with dnsonly cluster,
and i could add lets say other servers like ispconfig, webmin or other servers that are not supported by cpanel cluster, but with this module will deploy every time a new product is activated all dns zones i confgured to dsnonly, right?

2- What about domains not hosted with us that are handled by resellerclub dns manager ?
how should i handle them to avoid confusing..

1. You can configure your products of ispconfig to get zone automatically created with your cPanel DNS Only. Multiservers functionality does not cover automatic creation of zones on multiple servers, but you can do this from cPanel Level (one master and sych the rest)

2. Can you explain what do you mean by "resellerclub dns manager"? Does it mean that you have an additional module in WHMCS which handles that?
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Postby altomarketing » 16th April 2013, 4:32 pm

Konrad wrote:1. You can configure your products of ispconfig to get zone automatically created with your cPanel DNS Only. Multiservers functionality does not cover automatic creation of zones on multiple servers, but you can do this from cPanel Level (one master and sych the rest).

No, i meant that cPanel DNS Only will handle dns for all my servers , even it is not a cpanel.
As Your module can write a new template for a product (for example ISP hosting, webmin,zpanel,...) , i can point to a ispconfig server with your module integrated with cPanel DNS Only , right ?
altomarketing

Postby Konrad » 18th April 2013, 9:19 am

altomarketing wrote:No, i meant that cPanel DNS Only will handle dns for all my servers , even it is not a cpanel.
As Your module can write a new template for a product (for example ISP hosting, webmin,zpanel,...) , i can point to a ispconfig server with your module integrated with cPanel DNS Only , right ?

Yes, the DNS Manager will allow you to setup and provide DNS Management even if its not a cPanel.
You can setup default records per product by using MultiServers functionality. In the version 2.0, we are going to improve this to be easier to setup.
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Postby altomarketing » 18th April 2013, 7:09 pm

Thanks, you rocks.
altomarketing

Return to WHMCS Modules