Suggestion for WWD GoDaddy Domains module

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

Suggestion for WWD GoDaddy Domains module

Postby ElyHost » 4th December 2012, 7:23 pm

I admit to being a heavy ideas person so I usually come up with the creative side of things and let someone else get the nitty gritty done :)

I browsed through the info on this module and realise it is aimed at the WWG Godaddy domain reseller account holders but ithink you are missing a trick.. There are a lot of Godaddy domain holders who are very active in selling/auctioning pre registered domain names and the ability to use WHMCS to manage these could be a great asset! The module would need to allow pushing domains to other godaddy account holders in addition to the current register/transfer/renew etc functions. I could see it selling a lot more licenses if it included those features to widen its appeal :)
ElyHost

Re: Suggestion for WWD GoDaddy Domains module

Postby Konrad » 5th December 2012, 12:24 pm

ElyHost wrote:I admit to being a heavy ideas person so I usually come up with the creative side of things and let someone else get the nitty gritty done :)

I browsed through the info on this module and realise it is aimed at the WWG Godaddy domain reseller account holders but ithink you are missing a trick.. There are a lot of Godaddy domain holders who are very active in selling/auctioning pre registered domain names and the ability to use WHMCS to manage these could be a great asset! The module would need to allow pushing domains to other godaddy account holders in addition to the current register/transfer/renew etc functions. I could see it selling a lot more licenses if it included those features to widen its appeal :)

Basically, do you mean that the "normal" (non-resellers) users should be able to manage their domains via this module?
If so, I can't see such possibility as regarding their API, its only available for Resellers.
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Re: Suggestion for WWD GoDaddy Domains module

Postby ElyHost » 7th December 2012, 1:55 pm

Yes that was the idea .. but i guess i was not thinking about the API :roll:

Sometimes I just think if the main parts of a web site are reasonably easy to use there must be a way of automating it .. if only to allow me to keep track of the domains held there with their expiry dates and a way of moving them from my account to someone elses :)

No doubt it also falls into the category and sayings of Top Gear .. "How hard can it be ..." ... usually very much harder than it looks :mrgreen:
ElyHost

Return to WHMCS Modules