SolusVM WHMCS Module questions

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

SolusVM WHMCS Module questions

Postby sman1 » 14th January 2014, 8:38 pm

I currently use the Solus provided WHMCS module.

Password change and Java Console features no longer work for OpenVZ. Does not matter if it is attempted from Client or Admin area. Solus has acknowledged this is a problem on their end not on my end. Is this the case for the ModulesGarden Module as well?

One things I like about the Solus provided module is that the control panel is 1 click away from the clients "My Services" area. They just click on "View Details" and they are there. It looks to me from the screen shots that the Modules Garden Module is another layer on top of that requiring a second click. So from "View Details" where the Solus provide Module would normally be there is another button and that needs to be clicked to get to the the Modules Garden Client GUI. Is that correct and is there any way to modify that?

Please don't reply with "but it's only 1 more click". It's all about attention to the little details and every little thing adds up.
sman1

Re: SolusVM WHMCS Module questions

Postby Piotr » 15th January 2014, 11:36 am

Hello,

Thank you for your questions.

We confirm the problem with Java Console. If action is not possible by Solus control panel itself, then action will not be possible by our module too. Usually there is nothing else we can do in such situations. Sometimes we are able to create a workaround but unfortunatelly not in this case.

Regarding the second issue: Yes, there is a way to modify that. You can change the behaviour of the module and GUI by selecting 'Client Area Classic Design' in your product's 'Module Settings'.
You can find more information about an interface + screenshots in our Wiki: http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/SolusVM_Extended_VPS_For_WHMCS#Interface

I hope that this is what you are looking for.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby sman1 » 16th January 2014, 5:41 am

Thanks for the reply. I understand the Java console issue and expected that. Just wanted to confirm. What about the ability to change root password? That is not working either.

Good to know that there is a way to make it to the panel in 1 click like it is with the stock Solus module. I will look into that.
sman1

Postby Piotr » 16th January 2014, 10:01 am

There are limitations in the Solus API disallowing to change password in KVM. Do you have a similar problem with OpenVZ too? It shouldn't occur.

We have recently updated the module and verified the correct work of change password functionality.
Please open a ticket and we will help you to get rid of this issue as it might be connected with your environment.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Return to WHMCS Modules