Questions about RS Cloud Plugin

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

Questions about RS Cloud Plugin

Postby Eric » 14th January 2013, 6:24 am

Hi there.
I tried the free 7 days test and you guys did a really nice job.
Only problem for me was that when the client would request termination and then approved by admin, it wasn't deleted from the RackSpace panel.
That means I had to go to RS panel and manually delete.
Did I have to do any kind of config or????

Other question is the DNS, I guess I need to have the DNS Manager to let customers add DNS and it would be included on RS panel as well, correct? I don't really want to use my nameserver, as I would have to create 2 new servers and right now would be much cost and a few things I am not looking into now, as speed for example.

Last question would be charge customer per hour, do I need the Advanced Billing module for that?

Thanks!
Eric

Re: Questions about RS Cloud Plugin

Postby Piotr » 14th January 2013, 12:17 pm

Hi,
Eric wrote:I tried the free 7 days test and you guys did a really nice job.
Only problem for me was that when the client would request termination and then approved by admin, it wasn't deleted from the RackSpace panel.
That means I had to go to RS panel and manually delete.
Did I have to do any kind of config or????

Please enable rackspace_terminate_server hook in Rackspace Cloud Control Server. This feature will remove account from server. Here is the link to our Wiki with more info: http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/Rackspace_Cloud_Servers_For_WHMCS#Configuration_of_Rackspace_Cloud_Control_Center

Eric wrote:Other question is the DNS, I guess I need to have the DNS Manager to let customers add DNS and it would be included on RS panel as well, correct? I don't really want to use my nameserver, as I would have to create 2 new servers and right now would be much cost and a few things I am not looking into now, as speed for example.

Yes, the DNS Manager will allow your customers to add DNS and it won't be included on Rackspace Cloud Control Center but in DNS Manager admin area itself. However your desired goal will be reached.

Eric wrote:Last question would be charge customer per hour, do I need the Advanced Billing module for that?

Exactly, Advanced Billing will allows you to charge your customers per hour and it is 100% compatible with Rackspace Cloud Servers For WHMCS.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby Eric » 15th January 2013, 4:01 am

Thanks for the answers Piotr.
My question about DNS is, I will give RS DNS to my customers and they can add it to WHMCS, for subdomains for example. It would automatically to RS control panel too right?

And the Advanced Billing, is it really necessary? I tried to work with that and it didn't work well. 1st I had to charge a fee for customer or it wasn't clear on the client area. It should say by hour or even create an area where customer could price how much, just like a calculator, let's say.
Eric

Postby Konrad » 15th January 2013, 11:35 am

Eric wrote:My question about DNS is, I will give RS DNS to my customers and they can add it to WHMCS, for subdomains for example. It would automatically to RS control panel too right?

I am not 100% sure if I get you right, but if you mean that your clients will update DNS for Rackspace in your client area, then yes - it will affect the Rackspace. For example, user will add new record to domain.com, then this will affect in Rackspace control panel and their system. You can just combine DNS Manager with the Rackspace Cloud Servers and it should be a perfect solution.

Eric wrote:And the Advanced Billing, is it really necessary? I tried to work with that and it didn't work well. 1st I had to charge a fee for customer or it wasn't clear on the client area. It should say by hour or even create an area where customer could price how much, just like a calculator, let's say.

If you wish to bill per hour for the products, then our Advanced Biling can provide that.
If it was not working for you, then just please open a ticket with us to explain it. We will take a look what is wrong.
https://www.modulesgarden.com/customers/bug_report
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Return to WHMCS Modules