Proxmox VPS For WHMCS - Auto Provision [noob] questions

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

Proxmox VPS For WHMCS - Auto Provision [noob] questions

Postby rtech0 » 22nd June 2016, 8:31 pm

Hi,

Newbie here with forum (1st post) and trying to get the demo working before 7 days is up to see if we can utilize it long term:

I am trying to get it to auto provision. This is WHMCS Order -> Accept order -> creates VM on Proxmox (kvm CentOS 7 Minimal ISO is used for boot).

As far as I can see everything looks fine, the ip comes over, gets inserted into /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf with the custom MAC address and the VM itself has the correct disk/memory size and other parameters. The VM does not auto start. When I manually start it it boots the CentOS 7 install CD, if I select install it does *something* and eventually gets to a maintenance prompt. There are many lines of dracut initqueue timeout on the way to the prompt. Then it is at the prompt:

dracut:/#

There must be some process that has been initiated. If anyone can give any pointers I would be most grateful. Thanks.

PS If I manually create a VM on the Proxmox side using the same specs I can run the install once the VM is started and manually select the ip address and it works fine. FYI.
rtech0

Return to WHMCS Modules