OnApp VPS Module - Root Password smarty variable

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

OnApp VPS Module - Root Password smarty variable

Postby Dave@VooServers » 28th October 2014, 11:32 am

Hi there,

We have a client who uses the OnApp VPS Module within a WHMCS environment. He is trying to use the smarty variable for the VM’s root password. However using {$service_password} simply returns the access password for the OnApp user, not the root password of the VM that it created. What is the variable name for picking up the root password? Or if it does not exist, can this be implemented pretty quickly? As currently, there is no way to automatically inform the user of the VM’s root password via email/ticket etc. Thanks.

Dave Byrne,
VooServers Support Team
Dave@VooServers

Re: OnApp VPS Module - Root Password smarty variable

Postby Joanna » 28th October 2014, 12:50 pm

Hello,

VM passwords are fetched directly from the API and are not stored in WHMCS.
We can implement that functionality for your customer, but as a custom modification.

If you would like to proceed with this project, then please just send us this thread URL here and one of our Custom Software Development Advisors will prepare more details for you.
Joanna Byjoś
ModulesGarden Sales & Marketing Team Leader
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - Unique Approach To Custom Software Development Services & High-End Modules
Joanna
Site Admin

Postby Dave@VooServers » 28th October 2014, 4:06 pm

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The client would like this feature, but the link you've posted there is to the new order request page... This makes me think that it would be a charged for/paid development. This is something the client probably would not agree to.

Whilst I can appreciate that the passwords are never stored in WHMCS and are kept within OnApp and retrieved via the OnApp API. I would have thought that this would be a feature of the module already? What use is creating a VM for a customer inside WHMCS (the whole idea is to be completely managed from within WHMCS) but then never be able to automatically pull the VM's password to give to the customer?

To me it just seems that the module is lacking a feature that should have been in there in the original development, do you agree?

Thanks again for your time and response, look forward to hearing back from you again.
Thanks.
Dave Byrne,
VooServers Support Team.
Dave@VooServers

Postby Joanna » 29th October 2014, 11:05 am

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. You have got a point there. We will certainly take your opinion into consideration and do our best to put it into practice, probably in the next version of the module. At this moment, we are unable to introduce such an improvement on the fly, this is why we have offered you a custom modification Dave.

We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
Joanna Byjoś
ModulesGarden Sales & Marketing Team Leader
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - Unique Approach To Custom Software Development Services & High-End Modules
Joanna
Site Admin

Return to WHMCS Modules