Multibrand questions

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

Re: Multibrand questions

Postby 9dollardomains » 2nd September 2014, 7:57 am

It's now SEPTEMBER. When can we expect that there will be a functional MultiBrand Module?
9dollardomains

Postby Piotr » 2nd September 2014, 12:35 pm

True, it is about the time to release the version 1.5. Currently it is under development and the release has been initially scheduled to 01.10.2014. The module is really extensive and changes are time consuming.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby 9dollardomains » 25th September 2014, 6:14 pm

Unfortunately, this MultiBrand module is a scam. They've taken my money, as well as the money of everyone else who believed this product existed, but there isn't a functional product at all.

Then, while I was still inside the PayPal dispute period, they urged me not to get a refund, promised me that this was just a few bugs, and gave me several 'absolute deadlines' for when they would release a working product. The last deadline was Sept 24th/2014, and we had agreed that they would either have a functional product on that date, or they would refund the money I paid on May 26th, 2014. Well, Sept 24 has passed, and they now admit that they don't even have a developer on the project, but they also say they are not refunding people's money because it's ''their policy''.

This 'product' is a VaporWare Scam, plain and simple.
9dollardomains

Postby Piotr » 26th September 2014, 3:10 pm

Hello,

The module works in the way described in our features list and Wiki. We didn't hide that there is much to improve as multi branding is very extensive concept which will require a couple of releases to implement most of features expected by customers. We have had to start from something first. It was very clear since the release date and we informed our customers about it. If that would be so simple, to create a fully featured multibrand module with every single functionality that clients can imagine, then it would be already implemented by anyone else, don't you think? Therefore we offer 7 day trial with possibility to extend it and we do not force anyone to purchase the module by any tricky tactics.

We are very sorry to hear that you called our solution the scam. One thing you can be sure, we do treat every feedback seriously. We are well aware of your other posts and tickets, as well as feedback from other customers. Indeed, the release is delayed but that doesn't mean we want to scam our customers or take they money, promise updates and do nothing. We promised the update to be ready on 01.10.2014 but that won't be possible due reorganizing our company which will be beneficial in the near future for everyone. That's not an excuse of course and we should have already have a beta.

I expect the version 1.5 to be released within more or less one month. We will improve whatever we can and add as many new features as possible. It won't be just a bump update to show up, I assure you.

Thank you for the opinion and for patience. I hope that you will change your mind after the version 1.5 is out.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby papasmurf » 16th November 2014, 5:10 am

Well i wish i had of seen this thread before paying full price for this module for our brands.
Piotr - your attitude is poor and does not represent the brand modulesgarden in a positive light.

You cannot release something as completed and when it don't work provide responses that it's
still in development - this is not acceptable and appears to be a money grab.

I too have some of these listed issues making the module unusable. Where you stuffed up is where you
released this as a working completed module and expected people to pay $150USD for it.

You should have released it in BETA Stages like most developers and let the forum users bug check it out
for you until it was ready for release. This is not a multibrand module as of yet at best its about 90%
completed and requires further development to fix a small number but very important issues.

For everyone concerned with this product - please see my listed problems below reported to there bug
helpdesk queue.

Brand 1 - COMPANY A
Brand 2 - COMPANY B

1. Customer Invoices

Client is attached to brand2. From admin i order a new product for this client which is a product also a product of brand2. During the new order I select generate invoice. The invoice is generated. I then go back to client and look at the invoice summary view and it shows the invoice is being generated for brand1 the default brand. Which makes it unusable in brand2.

However if an order is placed through the website it creates the invoice and brands it correctly. So it appears to be only admin functions which are not working.

2. Terms of Service

When ordering a product from brand2 - Accepting Terms of Service is not customised and is only showing terms of service from brand1 to accept. So you would need to have 1 terms of service for both brands which does not really work if you have a true multibrand product offering.

3. Hidden Products & Groups

If i assign all products to both brands - the hidden products and associated product groups are no longer hidden. This is important as we have customised plans for some customers which require this to be hidden.

4. E-Mail Templates

On brand2 when ordering a new service through the website, the invoice e-mail is generated using the "New Invoice Generated" Template. This is sent with the correct brand2 e-mail from address and subject/content, however the from name is brand1, this will confuse the customer.

Piotr - Customers expect support and fixes with the product.

The support is just as important as the product itself.

Please address my ticket #937999 and respond back with an action plan as to how you are going to address
my issues with your product.

Kind Regards
ShaunM
papasmurf

Postby Joanna » 19th November 2014, 5:12 pm

Hello papasmurf,

At the time of release a module IS completed in line with a given features list. We always try to include a description with as many details as possible. That is why we provide varied sources of informations - our website, Wiki and even youtube films. All of this to make sure that our clients have a full picture of a product with both its qualities and limitations. With every update we do our best to maximally narrow down those limitations as well as extend the functionality of a module with new features. We surely would like to utilize every idea coming from customers in one fell swoop but it is simply impossible. So whenever we are not able to use given suggestion in a current version we always take it into consideration for the future one. In the meantime, we collect all the feedback about bugs which we have not caught in our test environment and we fix them (if possible) on the fly.

In your case we proceeded exactly like it is described above. We fixed all reported bugs, implemented lacking feature and released a new version of a module.

Multibrand For WHMCS 1.5.1 is ready to download in your client area.
Joanna Byjoś
ModulesGarden Sales & Marketing Team Leader
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - Unique Approach To Custom Software Development Services & High-End Modules
Joanna
Site Admin

Postby 9dollardomains » 26th November 2014, 8:25 pm

With the MultiBrand 1.5.1 installed, client password reset's don't work.

In other words, the client can request a password reset, and the system will email them a password reset link, but when they click to follow that link, it'll simply give them another 'send me a reset link' button over and over in a loop. If I deactivate the MultiBrand module, then clients can follow the password reset link to a form where they can create a new client password.

PS. I should also mention that some of the previous bugs are now fixed, so I am pleased that 1.5.1 is somewhat more functional that previous versions. I still STRONGLY disagree with you calling the MultiBrand client module 'complete' when it couldn't even assign clients to the multiple brands. Regardless of what you say, that was not just a bug or a missing feature - that was a fundamental functionality issue. It's akin to an automobile without the 'engine' feature - it rendered it 100% non-functional. In any case, it's good to see that development has continued, and that with version 1.5.1 that we now can actually assign clients and products and domains to the various brands. Now it is a product with bugs, but at least now it's finally a complete product.
9dollardomains

Postby Piotr » 27th November 2014, 10:24 am

We will check the issue with passwords and release a quick fix if necessary. Thank you for pointing this out.

Assigning clients to multiple brands at the same time should be available in the next, main release of the module. We have already discussed that internally a couple of weeks ago. Currently the module offers some sort of a workaround enabling you to set client's status to Multibranded which allows them to log into the client areas of all brands. Feature permitting them to log in to e.g. 2 of 5 chosen brands will be the next step.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby Inquisitive One » 16th December 2014, 1:23 am

Hello.

We're trying out the Multibrand module and we're having some weird issues.
When we activate the module, all clientarea URLs become malformed.
For example, after clicking the login button, you get redirected to https://brand.domain.tld/clientarea.phpdologin.php, which obviously doesn't exist and you get 404.

A quick dig around shows that $systemsslurl is https://brand.domain.tld/clientarea.php when the module is activated, but it is https://whmcs.domain.tld/ when it's not activated. From what I understand, the clientarea.php bit shouldn't be there. If I set "WHMCS SSL System URL" to blank in WHMCS settings, the URLs are fixed, but, well, it breaks the SSL clientarea page.

I assume it's a misconfiguration on my part, but I'm at loss, what's wrong. The SSLFixer code in configuration.php doesn't have any impact on the issue. All brand domains use the same SSL certificate (they're aliases of the same vhost in apache httpd configuration, in fact). I tried both 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 versions.

As a workaround I could edit out all $systemsslurl instances from templates. It seems to work that way. But I'd like to fix the problem properly.

Any idea what might be causing the issue?
Thanks.
Inquisitive One

Postby glorious » 18th December 2014, 12:25 pm

Hi there,

When will the password reset for the multibrand be fixed? We need to use this module but we can't pay for it until it is fixed since you have no money back guarantee nor fix up things in time !!!
glorious

PreviousNext

Return to WHMCS Modules