domains

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

domains

Postby siteox » 9th April 2013, 9:04 pm

How do you tie a domain to a Zimbra product? Does the user register or enter their domain, the same way they do for web hosting accounts?

Sean
siteox

Re: domains

Postby Piotr » 10th April 2013, 2:32 pm

Hello!

When user is placing an order in your WHMCS and enter or transfer his domain - in this very moment domain is being tied to the account and so when creating a Zimbra Email For WHMCS product.

In other words, user's account domain will be domain used in Zimbra Email For WHMCS account.
You are right here, it works the same way it does for web hosting accounts as this is a provisioning module.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby kenwardc » 12th August 2013, 4:03 pm

I always have a problem with this.

When the user goes to my WHMCS and selects the ZMail product, it comes up with three choices for the domain:

- Register a new domain
This is fine as long as the customer doesn't already have a domain registered with us in WHMCS.

- Transfer a domain to us

- The domain is with someone else and they will change nameservers
If the domain is already registered on our system, then this one comes up with an error because the domain is already known.

Not sure how to set up so that the system knows the domain but doesn't check if it already exists. This one keeps coming back to bite me.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers
Chris
kenwardc

Postby Konrad » 13th August 2013, 8:09 am

kenwardc wrote:I always have a problem with this.

When the user goes to my WHMCS and selects the ZMail product, it comes up with three choices for the domain:

- Register a new domain
This is fine as long as the customer doesn't already have a domain registered with us in WHMCS.

- Transfer a domain to us

- The domain is with someone else and they will change nameservers
If the domain is already registered on our system, then this one comes up with an error because the domain is already known.

Not sure how to set up so that the system knows the domain but doesn't check if it already exists. This one keeps coming back to bite me.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers
Chris

This is basically how the WHMCS itself works, we've implemented the module in a "standard" way into the system.
In your scenario, there would need to be some kind of validator that checks WHMCS database or rather Zimbra server, if there is already such domain. We may consider this as additional feature to the module, yet so far its hard to tell when we're going to prepare the next version.
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Return to WHMCS Modules