DNS manager import

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

DNS manager import

Postby knewsome » 13th May 2014, 5:12 pm

I have installed and configured the DNS manager module to the best of my ability. I have read over the wiki about this module (http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/DNS_Manager_For_WHMCS). However it's unclear to me if I have to import zones or not? My current setup is a powerDNS server with a few thousand zones/records. In the configuration menu, I entered the powerdns database settings. I assumed this would allow the module to read from that database. However, there are no zones listed. So I'm assuming I have to import my zones. Is this correct?

Also, I did try to import them and the page is just showing the circle spinning after I click "show zones". I let it spin for about 30 min. I then updated my php.ini to allow execution to be 120s and max input to be 240s and memory to be 128M. This did not have an impact. And yes I restarted apache after updating the php.ini. Any suggestions?
knewsome

Re: DNS manager import

Postby Piotr » 14th May 2014, 9:35 am

Hello,

The problem you described will be solved in the next version of the module.
Version 1.9.9 will have improved, completely rebuilt Import Tool with paging.
However the ETA for the next version is unknown yet.

There are two ways to proceed with this issue:

a) You can wait for next version of the module.
b) You can contact us here and we can discuss other possibilities of preparing this solution for you.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Postby knewsome » 14th May 2014, 3:53 pm

Thank you for your reply.

But what is the issue? Is the issue that there are no zones listed? Or is the issue that the import feature?

Also, it doesn't make sense that I have to import zones. In the connection configuration, I give access to the DB. I don't understand why the module just can't read/pull the zones from the DB automatically.
knewsome

Postby Piotr » 15th May 2014, 10:26 am

The problem is with the import feature itself occurring while importing vast amount of zones.

Import Tool only works when the option 'Allow It Create Own Zones' is checked. Zones can not be imported automatically because it would be impossible to determine for which customer assign the particular zone and IP.
Using the Import Tool is necessary in this case and import itself can not be achieved directly through DB.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Return to WHMCS Modules