DNS Manager for WHMCS powerdns connection issues

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

DNS Manager for WHMCS powerdns connection issues

Postby mitgib » 3rd September 2015, 12:36 pm

I've installed DNS Manager for WHMCS and able to successfully connect to my cPanel DNSONLY cluster, but cannot successfully connect with my powerdns master.

I have granted the WHMCS IP privileges in mysql on the powerdns master, I can see the WHMCS machine attempt to connect on port 3306 to the master, but I am not able to use the test connection feature with success. My powerdns master is in use with SolusVM, so I know it functions properly, at least for SolusVM, but I am not finding anything in the docs or searching this forum on what my issue could be.
mitgib

Re: DNS Manager for WHMCS powerdns connection issues

Postby Joanna » 3rd September 2015, 2:46 pm

Please doublecheck whether you have entered all PowerDNS database details in the configuration tab, namely: database hostname, database username, database password, database name. Please also make sure that you use PowerDNS database details, not Poweradmin ones as they are often confused.

If the problem persists despite correct details, please open a ticket and include the error information you get while performing test connection. Our Support Team will help you eliminate any problems in the shortest time possible.
Joanna Byjoś
ModulesGarden Sales & Marketing Team Leader
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - Unique Approach To Custom Software Development Services & High-End Modules
Joanna
Site Admin

Postby mitgib » 3rd September 2015, 5:28 pm

Please doublecheck whether you have entered all PowerDNS database details in the configuration tab, namely: database hostname, database username, database password, database name.

This must be where I am messing up, which field relates to which value? I assume username = dbuser and user password = dbpasswd and host/IP = IP of master with database = dbname

Username:
User password:
Hostname/IP:
Database:
Default IP:
Name:
mitgib

Postby Joanna » 4th September 2015, 10:44 am

Please take a look at the explanation below:

Username - Power DNS database user, e.g. MySQL user which has access (privileges) to Power DNS database (see 'Database' field below).
Password - the password for Power DNS database user.
Database - the name of Power DNS database.
Hostname/IP - the hostname or IP of the server on which the Power DNS database is installed.
Default IP - the default IP address that is set for the zone. / This field is not related to the connection error.
Name - the field of SOA record that is added when a new zone is created. / This field is also not related to the connection error.

If this does not help you, please contact our Support Team through a ticket.
Joanna Byjoś
ModulesGarden Sales & Marketing Team Leader
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - Unique Approach To Custom Software Development Services & High-End Modules
Joanna
Site Admin

Return to WHMCS Modules