A couple of questions

Discuss our WHMCS modules and everything associated with them.

A couple of questions

Postby wootable » 3rd January 2013, 11:42 pm

Will e-mail accounts for new customers be separate accounts at Rackspace? Or will they be a part of my account?

As Rackspace require a payment of minimum 10$ per account a creation of new accounts for each customer would result in a minimum payment of 10$ for each every customer. If they would be a part of my existing account at Rackspace the customers would only pay 2$ per email and I would be the administrator for all the customers. So the last one would be far easier to sell to anybody looking for less than 5 accounts.

Reading the wiki and the product pages (both email modules) doesn't explain this particularly well, and it would be nice if you could write some more about how it works. As far I am able to conclude customers will be added to my existing account with me as an administrator, but I am unsure if it truly is so.

Will the modules be able to make the necessary changes on nameservers using DNS Manager? It would make the experience easier for customers if the any necesseray changes in DNS would be done automatically.
wootable

Re: A couple of questions

Postby Konrad » 5th January 2013, 10:53 am

Rackspace Email modules creates a separate customer accounts per each client in WHMCS.
So you are correct with this statement:
customers will be added to my existing account with me as an administrator

Are you sure that if you are a Reseller of Rackspace, they do charge $10 per each account?
Creating domains under your main Rackspace account would require Custom Development.
Please bear in mind that it might be not secure.
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Re: A couple of questions

Postby kreitje » 9th April 2013, 4:35 pm

No they do not charge the $10. The way the plugin works is correct. You can have your clients order 1 email box and only get charged for that 1 and not the minimum if you were a regular (non reseller) customer.
kreitje

Return to WHMCS Modules