IP Bans for Trials

Share your thoughts and ideas. Your opinion is very important to us.

IP Bans for Trials

Postby TwixtedChaox » 6th July 2016, 7:54 am

I don't think an IP should be banned for a year for requesting trials of your software...
My IP has been banned because I requested trials for 12 of your addons to test them together to see if they are what I needed.

As a potential customer, I don't believe this should be the "best practice". I have been checking my emails for contact from anyone in the support department and haven't received any kind of notification of this until today when I attempted to log in to submit a ticket asking about it.

I can guarantee after treatment like that, most customers will go elsewhere and pay money to a developer who is willing to work with them. And possibly even become competitors.
TwixtedChaox

Re: IP Bans for Trials

Postby Piotr » 6th July 2016, 1:08 pm

Thank you for reaching us out with this matter. Indeed, we have such orders in our system and you have triggered one of the security mechanisms. IP ban was not necessary here and we will have our system reviewed later to check why did that happen to you. Thank you once again for pointing this out.

Please be advised that your IP ban has been lifted and our Support Team will contact you shortly. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Feedback