cPanel Manage2 Module suggestion

Share your ideas and requests for modules that we could release.

cPanel Manage2 Module suggestion

Postby ElyHost » 22nd November 2012, 8:29 am

It may not be something in the pipeline but I could see this module being useful for smaller hosts who provide VPS servers.
As a smaller host I would not have the volume of sales to become a cpanel NOC but would tend to buy licenses via BuyCpanel so it may give your module a much wider appeal to be able to use / integrate suppliers other than cpanel..
Buycpanel use WHMCS and have automation built in to solusvm so it shouldnt be too taxing for module programming experts :)
ElyHost

Re: cPanel Manage2 Module suggestion

Postby Konrad » 5th December 2012, 12:28 pm

ElyHost wrote:It may not be something in the pipeline but I could see this module being useful for smaller hosts who provide VPS servers.
As a smaller host I would not have the volume of sales to become a cpanel NOC but would tend to buy licenses via BuyCpanel so it may give your module a much wider appeal to be able to use / integrate suppliers other than cpanel..
Buycpanel use WHMCS and have automation built in to solusvm so it shouldnt be too taxing for module programming experts :)

Its possible, but I can see such providers (like BuyCpanel) offer their own modules to handle licenses.
The bigger problem is that each provider will require separate integration which basically means a whole new module.
I think this may just not bring enough profit.

Yet, I have noted this suggestion, maybe more requests from other clients would move this idea forward ;)
Konrad Keck
ModulesGarden CEO
ModulesGarden - Top Quality Custom Development
Konrad
Global Moderator

Re: cPanel Manage2 Module suggestion

Postby ElyHost » 7th December 2012, 1:48 pm

I will not pretend to understand the issues of having to program the modules for different suppliers ;)

The reason I mention BuyCpanel specifically is not just that I use them .. but they do appear to have quite a significant client base which is backed up to a degree by the fact it is the only module that was built in to SolusVM as standard when i last used it :)

The only downside for waiting on users to ask is that many do not ask they just look elsewhere tor try and find it .. in many cases for a lot more time than asking would take ! As an example I have several little modules I have purchased up which offer various auto install packages from within WHMCS like wordpress. I would not have asked or known where to ask for a tool like the Cpanel_extended module but seeing it available mean I wanted to have it .. althoug I still have not sat down and truely mastered its use :roll:
ElyHost

Return to Ideas For Modules & Requests