Advanced Domain Management

Share your ideas and requests for modules that we could release.

Advanced Domain Management

Postby anycast.co » 2nd May 2013, 5:37 am

I'd like to suggest ModuleGardens consider creating an Advanced Domain Management module at some point. Personally I find WHMCS' handling of domains to be lacking of a great deal of functionality that is supported by many registrars APIs.

Currently we're using the "Resellerclub Extended Management DOMAIN Interface for WHMCS" from resellerclub-mods.com, however this module only works for LogicBoxes registrars. I'd love a module like this that works for other registrars.

Requested features:
Allow the customer to Manage, Create, Modify, Delete and change Domain Contacs reg-c, admin-c, tech-c and bill-c
Allow the customer to manager Whois ID protection
Allow the customer to access/update the EPP/Auth Code
Allow the customer to lock/unlock their domain for transfer.
Provide the customer an Extended Child Name Server Interface
Also if possible:
The ability to addon other services, as WHMCS adds on WHOIS Privacy. Specifically, I think adding on a local contact "trustee" would be useful for many TLDs (ex. .de, .fr, .nl, .hu, .jp...)
DNSSEC support, on the registrar and DNS Manager end would be very useful, even if it isn't supported on the hosting (cPanel/DirectAdmin/Plesk) end yet. It is supported by most OSes, and customers with Servers/VPS/Cloud could use it.

+Seamless integration with DNS Manager and you other modules would be great!

I realize this is essentially requesting a clone of another company's module, but resellerclub-mods.com has no interest in making non-LogixBoxes modules. For the record if anyone is reading this and wondering if resellerclub-mods.com is any good, they're excellent! However, we need to offer TLDs that aren't supported by LogicBoxes, so we're hoping someone would make a module similar to theirs with cross-registrar support. Hopefully I am not violating the rules by posting this.
anycast.co

Re: Advanced Domain Management

Postby Piotr » 2nd May 2013, 5:05 pm

Thank you for your module suggestion.
We shall see how big will the interest for this module be and we will consider creating it.

If you would like to speed the things up, you can also contact our Development Department: https://www.modulesgarden.com/order/request
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Return to Ideas For Modules & Requests