Modules Contest - Vote For The Module That We Will Create!

Fresh news and the latest announcements regarding ModulesGarden activity.

Which Module Should We Create And Release?

Poll ended at 12th February 2014, 5:14 pm

1. Mailgun Integration
6%
2. Tax Rules Module
2%
3. KashFlow Module
6%
4. Payment Gateways Per Country/State
15%
5. Pre-configured Quotes
13%
6. OpenStack Module
35%
7. Support Tickets Limiter
23%

Total votes : 52

Modules Contest - Vote For The Module That We Will Create!

Postby Piotr » 11th February 2014, 5:14 pm

We are proud to announce our first official contest giving you the opportunity to decide which module we will create and officially release!

If you will vote for the module that will have the biggest amount of votes, you will receive a 25% Promo Code for its purchase!

We present to you our 7 proposals. Choose the one that we will create and release!

1. Mailgun Integration
    Integration with Mailgun will let you send the emails from WHMCS through Mailgun email service.
    Very useful for mass mailing functionality and newsletters.
    Read more about Mailgun: http://www.mailgun.com/

2. Tax Rules Module
    The module will significantly extend tax rules functionality in your WHMCS. You will be able to set up different rules per different country/state and add automatic exceptions. It will be also compatible with official 'EU VAT Addon' from WHMCS.

3. KashFlow Module
    Module will be an advanced integration between WHMCS and Kashflow.
    It will include synchronization between invoices, clients and transactions and will be compatible with EU Invoicing (EU VAT).
    Read more about KashFlow: http://www.kashflow.com/

4. Payment Gateways Per Country/State
    This module will let you set up which payment gateways are available for which country and state.
    For example, if client is from USA then display Bank Transfer and Credit Card method but if client is from UK, display only PayPal.

5. Pre-configured Quotes
    Improved Quotes in WHMCS that will let you choose products/configurable options, save predefined quotes as templates and load them back when creating new quotes.

6. OpenStack Module
    Module that will handle provisioning of user accounts over OpenStack with usage billing integrated
    On the first version, no clientarea management is planned, but once it will have enough positive feedback, we will consider to make Extended integration.
    Read more about OpenStack: https://www.openstack.org/

7. Support Tickets Limiter
    This Module will let you sell products with ticket limits. If your client does not have enough limit, he will have ticket automatically closed with information that he does not have his support plan available. Module will let you configure default limit per client group and you will be able to adjust the limit manually.

Share this thread with your friends and encourage them to vote to increase the chances of winning of your favourite module!

Winning module will be released with a special price.

Every suggestions are very welcome and will be considered in the future contests.

Feel free to discuss and share your choices in comment section below!

Voting ends at 24.02.2014 and then results will be announced.
We will send you promo codes right after the announcement of the results.
Piotr Dołęga
ModulesGarden CMO
Site Admin
ModulesGarden - High-End WHMCS Modules & Software Developer Outsourcing
Piotr
Site Admin

Re: Modules Contest - Vote For The Module That We Will Creat

Postby aponte_alex » 11th February 2014, 7:11 pm

i will like 1. Mailgun Integration
aponte_alex

Postby mguser » 11th February 2014, 7:13 pm

+1 for OpenStack module. But it would really need these:

Q: Would it integrate with Advanced Billing?

Q: Would it (presumably) be compatible with Amazon AWS?
mguser

Postby FreeDomains » 11th February 2014, 7:21 pm

I thnk it is really strange the tax rules is not as popular, Id like most of my taxes to be done by printing a report...

I made a basic payroll mod, maybe the dev might want to use it as a starting point/addition?
FreeDomains

Postby starnetwork » 11th February 2014, 7:32 pm

+1 for Pre-configured Quotes
about Support Tickets Limiter, it's should be some mini addon in Advanced Billing module.

Best Regards,
starnetwork

Postby slynet » 11th February 2014, 7:53 pm

I'm not sure about Kashflow... but I'd really be interested in integration with Wave Accounting. On their forum there is a thread a bunch of people wanted to integrate with WHMCS. Wave is really nice in that it's free until you start to get into payroll. For a really small (one person) business like myself this is really great. Plus this allows me to track my personal as well as my business within the same account. Something I didn't like with Quickbooks and some others....they only do the business side of things.

The other module that would be really really handy is to be able to add my Vendor's into the system and have a percentage of sales get paid out to those vendors. So for example, I have a graphic artist guy I use for logo's and such. If a client were to order a web design package and part of that was to design a logo, I could have that association be included for the product. So the client would pay one price to develop the web site but behind the scene's I get my share of the money for the hosting and design, and the vendor get's his portion of the product for his part of the work.

Lastly, I just took on cloud server products and seeing OpenStack integration I could see being a really handy module as well =). Overall though you guys are doing great!.. Keep up the good work!
slynet

Postby uname-a » 11th February 2014, 8:59 pm

OPENSTACK :)

we need this. ...there is also oVirt you should definitely consider, since it's much more mature than openstack right now :)
uname-a

Postby dacstyle » 11th February 2014, 9:04 pm

+10 for Payment gateways per country. Very very needed!
dacstyle

Postby Marco » 11th February 2014, 9:38 pm

I vote for OpenStack. I think this would be a great module for a majority of web hosting companies out there. :ugeek:
Marco

Postby Bigphil » 12th February 2014, 9:02 am

I vote for Payment Gateways Per Country..very necessary if you operate in multiple countries with multiple payment gateways or currencies
Bigphil

Next

Return to News & Announcements